A lot of Foods have a bad reputation but can actually be good for you. Woman's Day investigated and found Five Foods that aren't that bad.
1. Steak. Red meat got a bad rep because it's high fat. But not all of it. If you choose the right cut of lean beef, like top sirloin, you've got a steak packed with protein, iron, B-12, and zinc. And try to get grass-fed beef, which is the lowest in fat.
2. Potatoes. The anti-carb movement basically wrecked potatoes for everybody. But there's nothing bad about them if you watch your serving size, and prepare them right. They have a ton of nutrients . . . especially the skins.
3. Canned Vegetables. You always hear that canned vegetables have lost all their vitamins, so don't bother with them. But actually, studies show that frozen and canned vegetables are just as healthy as fresh ones. Plus they're way cheaper.
4. Eggs. Everybody blames eggs for heart disease and bad cholesterol. But eggs are loaded with vitamins, minerals, and protein. Research found that having one egg a day doesn't hurt you. Just take it easy with your five egg omelets.
5. Pizza. If you do pizza right, you have a powerhouse of whole grains, veggies, and protein-rich dairy. Start with whole wheat crust, load it with vegetable toppings, use low-fat mozzarella, and you're set.